River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

Project origins

This project started somewhere near the beginning of the year... *checks first post* Whoa- Feb 11th 2006. Not bad, me! *pats own back* But that's just this thread-- the actual project started right at the beginning of my xmas break from work, so that was somewhere around ... *looks at calendar* Dec 23 2005, or thereabouts. ^-^d

Odds are, no- it won't be put on a site for public availability. I may be making available small portions for outside bug-testing tho. But for legal reasons, unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's much of anything [at all] I can do about making it available to everybody. But screenshots, movies, etc... So long as I give all the appropriate credit, I'm pretty sure are allowed. (Correct me if I'm wrong..) I should call up my lawyer friend and ask him about this stuff... hehe ;p

Haha! Square-Enix might ask me to be on the team?! That, I could only dream about *dreams...* But I guess my learning Japanese would be a bonus in that respect ^^;

Pretty soon here (within the next week, I hope) I should have some shots together of a physically complete high quality Terra. I'll still need to do up the textures at that point tho. She currently has flat colors applied to her various parts, so she looks vaguely correct from a distance, hehe. But I'll be releasing some shots of her before texture application. This model is intended to be used for any pre-rendered cutscenes I decide to do (___IF___ I decide to do some...), and also for the normal mapping I mentioned earlier, a technique that makes low quality 3d meshes look higher quality than they really are.

Upon release of these shots, (in which she may or may not actually be "posed") I'd like some constructive criticism to help improve her-- not so much to make her realistic/etc.. but to make her accurate, for the most part. I'm pretty happy with the realism/anime influence balance that I have for her, so I think little will change in that respect.

Also, now that school's finished, I'm acquiring more and more of that free time I had lost near the end of the semester, which is great! This model's been speeding up in it's progress, and once it's complete, I'll be jumping head-first into the coding again to pick up where I left off (somewhere around trying to make the battles work, I think... Or maybe it was towns?)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム