River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

Terra textures

I have enough experience making models that I have a pretty good idea of how to lay out a texture for it before mapping the UVs to it. It's pretty easy to guess, once you're used to it, actually ^^v The majority of the time, for humanoid models, the texture layout'll be the same. Of course, occassionally I may be off on some detail or some such, and that's just a matter of tweaking the texture afterwards-- no big deal^^ I'm constantly tweaking my textures anyways, which is why it's a great idea to always use a format that DOESN'T embed textures into the 3d mesh, whenever possible.. at least, such is my humble opinion...

In the case of this project (at least so far), the textures for the characters (all 1 of them!) are ripped directly from screenshots of them in the FMVs-- here's a shot of the texture I'm using for a portion of terra currently, to help illustrate my point.

user posted image

I'm not sure when/if I'll be accepting help for this project, but I'll note names down *nodnod*

On a semi-related note: I'm planning to go thru and [likely] completely rebuild the terra model/texture from scratch soon. We'll see how that goes later tho. Right away, I'm hoping to start implementing a Quake3 BSP loader for battles, and possibly other parts of the game. *cheer*

I'm planning on giving her the greenish hair colour. I was always a fan of that (and it's easier to tell her and Celes apart at a distance that way). Mmm green hair^^

The image I posted last is the -actual- texture file currently being used for her hair/face/upper chest, so yah, green hair. As you can see, I've already gone thru and gave it some green hair on the most part of it (still gotta work on the bangs, but this isn't decided as a final texture for it yet, so I won't waste the effort until I'm sure...)

It was pretty easy to manipulate the colours, I just used the pen tool to define an area to work in, set it as the selected area, then adjusted the variations to give it the green look^^

Yes, it's definately gonna be a challenge to manually do everything without a terrain generator, heh. But I'm actually -really- looking forward to building the towns/battle scenes! Because they're (at least currently planned to as...) going tobe in the Quake3 .bsp file format, so I'll be able to use QERadiant, or some flavour thereof, to create the scenes. It'll bring back memories of making levels for a mod group I was working with thru Quake2/3. *remenisces*

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム