River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

Some first-release screenshots

Never used imageshack before-- I love how easy it is to use!

Anyways, here's a shot of the titlescreen:
user posted image

And another shot of my heightmapped terrain. This terrain is created entirely from a single 2 dimensional image. Also note that although you can't see it in static images, the terrain is "paged"-- for those of you who don't know what that means, paged landscape is a term used to describe landscape that's divided into pieces, and only the pieces that are close to the camera are loaded. So as you move the camera forward, terrain 100' behind you unloads, while terrain 100' in front of you loads. Very useful. It also has LOD (level of detail) morphing. So as the terrain gets closer to you, there's more detail visible to it, and it never "pops" between detail levels.. it programmatically morphs between the detail levels.
user posted image

Like I said, I've only been working on it since just before Xmas, so really I don't have much yet;; I have a shot of my GUI showing off Terra speaking, but the terrain in the background (and the 3d model of terra) are kinda screwed up looking, cause they were a little broken at the time. Once I get my current code into a more workable state, I'll take a shot of terra talking for you guys tho, so you can see my speech window.. even if you can't see it in "action" (it fades & grows as it appears, just like the originals... and you see the text scroll in at a configurable speed)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム