River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

New additions

I'm going to have to be working on some MagiTek soon as well, seeing as it's needed for the first scenes in the game. I'm actually quite looking forward to it, as I find technology to be easier to model than organics. Been wanting to do some MagiTek for a while anyways^^

I have way too much work for me in the future-- it's great! I love doing single-person jobs like this.. it just feels so good once you've got something to show!

I'm using an old copy of Milkshape3D I got back in the days of modelling for Quake2 for my modelling/animation, and I'm using a commercial program called DeepUV for my texture UV wrapping. For the actual texture creation, I'm using photoshop7. Much of my textures for the characters are actually creatively wrapped still frames from the FMVs that came with FFVI in the anthology release. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to have some more camera options implemented, and I'll be able to take a decent shot of terra (and her speech window!) You won't be able to see it in the shot, but she's running some temporary idle animations, and she even blinks! ^^v Anyways, I'll be shooting for tomorrow, but we'll see how that goes..

I have this gift (or a curse, if you will) to always manage to balance everything I need to do fairly well, and have plenty of energy to undergo all said things... but it comes at a cost. It costs me my sleep time. (Always the first thing to go... ~sigh~)

My "life" tends to be limited to the weekends. More specifically, saturday nights, at the bar, for like ... 2 hours. Generally speaking *grin* But shhh! Don't tell anybody, 'lest the programmer's union confiscate my computer for disloyalty *shudder*

Agreed on the job thing tho, even tho I'm not a coffee drinker-- I need the money for the BlackBlack gum (Japanese caffeinated gum) ^_^v

Update on my game: Last night I implemented Japanese support, so now the characters can talk in their native language! I'll probably take a shot of terra speaking Japanese instead of english, when I do that shot up. And right now I'm working on a keybinding mechanism that'll allow the player to remap keys if they don't like my default settings (but who wouldn't like that!?!? hehe)^^

Okay, here's that shot I've been delaying.. this shows off some of the interface I've done up for it that I'm rather proud of, and you get to see Terra's current form as well, with a nice lil mountain in the background.

I'm not very happy with how Terra currently looks tho, so I'll probably be redoing the model sometime soon. I want a semi-realistic look, but still anime-esque enough that the characters (and their animations) can retain some of their original style from the original game^^

user posted image

Enjoy! I'm off to finish tweaking the different camera modes I just put in^^

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム