River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

About my first (temporary) Terra model

I'd -like- to do more than just the beginning stuff, but for the beginning, I'll be doing the beginning stuff... to begin with. begin. ^^

I'm actually mostly concerned with the model itself. You know, the overall look of her. As you can see, what I currently have is leaning a bit towards realism. Should I stay in that direction, or should I anime it up a bit? I'm mostly concerned about anime-ing it up a bit, because I'm thinking about some of the animations the characters do in the original game, and how downright silly they may look on a realstic-esque model. (such as bug-eyes, and their oh-so-cute laughs...) Her pose is 100% temporary and only there so she's not standing with her arms out at shoulder level (default position).

Thank you for the feedback on her regardless-- but if you have something to say about her general looks tho, I think that would be more immediately useful to me^^

The characters in game all run on skeletal animation, so to change her position, it's just a matter of positioning the bones better. The bones were just slapped into this position so she doesn't look like she's doing some gymnast landing pose while saying hi ^^

For her clothing: The dress material, I slapped together from an asian dress swatch. Her Belt and sash are actually ripped directly from a screenshot of the opening FMV, and the leggings I just threw together really quickly so she had something (_DEFINATELY_ getting done better later..) Her boots & shoulderpads are also directly ripped from a still of the opening FMV, as well as her hairpiece, earrings, face, and shoulders/neck area. Fairly heavily modified to remove FMV shadows, etc.. (since my game will have realtime raytraced shadows of it's own..) Some of the textures need to be redone, and the material scripts they use ALL need an overhaul (if for nothing else, to support lower-end graphics cards..)

As far as _HOW_ I managed to align it all right, that's a topic of it's own, and worth looking into if you're a modeller-- just look around for tutorials on "wrapping textures" or some such... There's programs dedicated to such tasks, as the generic unwrappers provided in most 3d modelling programs just aren't versatile enough.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム