River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

Artistic vision

Okay, update-y time guys! Sorry about waiting so long, but even now there isn't a huge amount to report. Mostly just want you guys to know that the project (nor I!) isn't dead!

Not a lot updated on the functionality of the game, the time I've been spending on the game has actually been on taking a lot more serious standpoint on the graphics. I've done some concept art of my vision of Terra, and I'll be using that as my base for my new model of her. Here's a quick digicam picture of one of the pages:

user posted image

Also, I'm looking -very- closely at the detail levels used on the models in Dirge of Cerberus & FFXII, and am using that as a target level of detail, for those interested. Yes, I know they're not out in North America yet, so you'll likely have to check out screenshots or something, but to really see the details, you'll need to play the games and see how amazing the models (especially the faces!) are when a cinematic zooms way in. (I'm talking in-game models, not FMV models..)

'Course, that's about all I have to show right now... Japanese class has been pretty heavy, what with a midterm just recently finished, and our teacher cramming the final chapter for this semester down our throats as fast as possible to have as much room as possible for review before finals (and the final presentation I need to prepare!)... I'll have more time once the semester is over, but at least I still have -some- time right now^^ So I'm using what I can for graphical components and such, that don't involve sitting down for hours at a time concentrating on one thing uninterrupted.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム