River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

What needs to change in the intro

It's a fan video just like anybody else's. I have, and will continue to, always give credit to Square-Enix for what they have done. If it wasn't for them, I couldn't do any of this- so kudos to them most definately!

Timing: The original took 18 seconds until the musical clash (and thus, the logo fading in). Because of the song I used for this, I could only edit it down to 25 (roughly) seconds until the musical clash in my version. So yes, a bit longer. It can & will be skippable. When I first created this, I had the SNES song playing, for timing. I obviously wanted a higher quality song, and when I got it on there, I had to adjust my timing in it as well. Haha, I have my SNES with FFIII in it, -right- next to my computer, cause I'm always using it as source material. It is, by FAR, my prime source material for influence on virtually -anything- in my version of the game.

2 Things still need to be done to it before it's really complete:

1) The sound blips. Occassionally you hear them because MP3 playback is expensive. Occassionally the PSP slips up. (it's only got a 200mHz processor!). I'm currently looking into AT3 playback (that is sony's audio format native to the PSP, or something...) Hopefully it'll run nicer. If nothing else, it appears to make smaller files, although I haven't messed with that portion of it extensively.

2) The logo. I want to clean up the logo so it appears sharper on the PSP screen. Right now, it's a scaled down direct rip from ... something. Something off the net- god knows. It's just a temp, anyways. Also, I want to have the logo appear for a second or 2 before the clouds thing starts, as that's what the original does.

Heh yah, this, programming wise, doesn't show off much of anything. I'm aware of that. Like I said, most of my programming time went into the internal framework, recently. This intro sequence is just the initial visual progress I've made with this.

Sources: The song played is a cropped & slightly edited (volume fade, etc..) version of FFVI opening theme (Tina) off of the FFVI Grand Edition CD. The graphics are freely available high res photos available on the net, and HEAVILY HEAVILY modified for the game. I -was- gonna take these shots myself, but we never get cool clouds like that here, and setting up a system (although not hard...) to take photos of lightning is kinda a lost cause here-- most of our lightning is up inside the clouds, and just appears as sheets of brighter clouds (read: boring!)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム