River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

Let's visit PSP-land

Okay, I'm back! And good news to all: I [nor the project] = NOT DEAD!

I took a bit of a break for a while there, as my work was getting all crazy (got a promotion/huge raise, started working 10hr days, learning new responsibilites, etc.. = STRESS!), but things have calmed down a lot, and I can concentrate on this a lot more now.

Remember that the shots I showed you of the model are completely untextured. The hair, and other parts, will have a lot of transparency applied to it, and will definately look more detailed/curly/etc.. That applies to her eyelashes/eyebrows as well. That also says that her skin color is only a rough approximation, as these colors you see now will have ZERO bearing on her final color composition.

And yes, I realize this is one helluva road I've got laid out ahead of me, but hey- I love what I'm doing, so I see no reason to grow tired with it anytime soon^^

Official art I'm looking at, is generally the original stuff by Amano. Otherwise, I'm typically going by what the game itself originally looked like.

I currently have no plans for voice acting, battle sounds are up for debate. I haven't really given huge amounts of thought to the sound portion of things, to be honest with you-- but I think it likely that I'll be creating new ones, as the old ones are just so .... old.

I currently do not have a site for this project-- I guess the closest thing I have is this forum, at least for the time being.

I've been biting my tongue for the past week or 2, despite how much I've wanted to share with the world, but now I feel it's finally time to tell people about the latest developments in the FFVI3D project. First off, it has now been renamed to the FFVI3DPSP project. 3 guesses as to what's changed, and the first 2 don't count. Hell, neither does the last 1.

My game is now being ported over to the PSP. (For those who don't want to ask a silly question, that's a Playstation Portable^^) This also means a change of engine, which I've also been dealing with. That said, I am now no longer using the Ogre rendering engine. Don't get me wrong, it's an AMAZING engine, but it's uhm... overkill, for what this game will require. I'll definately keep it around for other projects tho, I love it to bits! The engine I'm now using is called LTE game engine. It's a PSP conversion of the wellknown "Irrlicht" engine for the PC. Since this is a (semi)fullblown GAME engine, instead of just a rendering engine, it'll also save me LOADS of time programming things, such as a sound driver, etc..

So, in the last 2-ish weeks, I've been porting my game into the LTE engine, and at the same time, porting it over to the PSP. All is going well, it's just taking time. I have a lot of the internal framework done now, and have started on something you can actually SEE. This is where the fun comes: I've recorded a video of me booting up my PSP, and playing a teaser trailer of my game. This serves 3 purposes:

1) It proves it's on the PSP.
2) It gives you some eye candy (yay!)
3) d^-^b

So anyways, without further adieu:

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム