River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

Some GUI stuff so far...

Time for a couple of screenshots of the GUI system I've been working on.

This one's nothing great- just the title screen with the GUI visible in a temporary state. I've spent some time on polishing the GUI's functions as well, to give it a more smooth & professional feel: The cursor moves left and right a little bit while sitting at any item, and smoothly moves between items when you select a different one. I'm hoping to soon enable animations on the GUI elements for added special effects.

Note also that the game loads up the most recently saved options at startup, one of which is the GUI skin used, so the title screen's GUI can have different looks based on the GUI skin last used in game.

user posted image

This next shot is showing off the text input system I've got in place now. It's fully functional, and supports english capital & small letters, all japanese hiragana, katakana, a small subset of japanese punctuation & symbols (which you can see in the screenshot), and is fully extendable to support any japanese kanji I decide to use (likely virtually everything that is used in the original game).

You can also see that the name I've got input already there shows that english and japanese can easily be mixed together, quite unlike most games with bilingual support.

user posted image

Another thing to note is that all these GUI graphics are tentative. I may or may not be revising these in the future. (More likely than not, I'll be revising the main portion of the graphics for the name input system)

Other notes on the game:
I'd like to give my thanks to SiberianSTAR from www.ltestudios.com for porting this engine over to the PSP. Not only is the engine great to work with, but he's gone out of his way to help make the engine exactly what I need for my game. In addition to that, he's also been kind enough to build me a custom version of the engine that better suits my needs than the vanilla engine.

I've actually been talking directly with Sky Render himself about getting his copies of the direct rips of the scripts from the english & japanese roms.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム