River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成20年4月6日日曜日

Polishing and upping the standard

I've now gone back and polished up the GUI Manager, and the Script Manager to support more things-- most notably, the GUI Manager now supports scripts being executing on various other events other than merely selecting an item.

Scripts can now be executed when a layout is shown/hidden/paused/resumed, and also as a cursor moves in any of the 4 cardinal directions off of any given item.

Additionally, the layout files can now pass a single identifier into the script they're calling, so a script can be aware of which GUI element is calling it. This will allow the scripter to use a single script for multiple GUI elements. More relative values can also be used for placement/sizing options for the various GUI elements, such as percentages, and centering. This will allow for GUI windows/etc to resize themselves based on the resolution of the game.

On top of those feature additions, various small bugs have been squashed, and some optimisations implemented as well. I'm shooting for a professional level game here, so I want the code to be as robust and efficient as possible.

As far as my work on the battle state goes, I've created the basic classes required for character creation (and theoretically, monster creation as well, although it's not currently implemented...) and have created all the necessary data files for all of the 14 standard characters that will be playable during the game. All of their data (even the unimportant stuff, such as background info) is loading correctly, and I've also created everything required for levelling up, so I can now create any of the 14 characters at any level, and all the numbers will match the original game.

I have yet to decide exactly how I will format temporary playable characters such as General Leo, Biggs, Wedge, and Banon tho.. If I take a hint from the original Super Nintendo game, I'll end up creating them exactly like the other characters, and just never introduce a situation that will allow them to remain in the party permanently. That's still some time away tho, as I still need to implement more important things such as monsters, and the actual battle sequence!

Graphically, I've put together a basic system to allow character meshes to be composed of 3 pieces: Legs, Torso, and Head, (ala Quake3) which will allow for much more complicated animations with much less work required.

Some of the next things I'll be working on will be the scenery loader, to properly load the battle scenery/information, monsters, and the monster formations. Once I have that all in place, then technically all the data I need will be loaded, and it will just a matter of manipulating it to actually perform a battle.

ラベル: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム