River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

Back in action!

So, it looks like it's time for me to start getting back into this project here. I know it's been a long time, and I apologize for that- I just needed to get this other thing out of my system. I no longer have the motivation to continue that other project (nor did I really -intend- to finish it), so I feel I can return to FFVI3DPSP without the desire to look elsewhere.

As an update, I've made a design decision to continue using the Irrlicht Engine for the game, but to do the development entirely on the PC instead of the PSP for the time being. The main reason being that it's much easier on me to program directly for the PC during the main part of the development process, and then just "put it on the PSP" later, and only do my debugging for the PSP portion of it ON the PSP.

This can now be done because the LTE Game Engine has now become open source, so in theory, I should be able to port over whatever version of Irrlicht I decide to use, into the LTE Game Engine source, to allow me to use it on the PSP as well, of course, taking into consideration that I'll need to avoid any features of the Irrlicht Engine that aren't supported on the PSP.

So, development will continue on the PC for the time being, with the eventual intention to port back to the PSP. No promises on that porting, 'mind you, but I'm still going to develop with that intention, avoiding things that can't be done on the PSP, etc..

Wow- I did a search just now about my project. I never realized how much word has gotten out about it...

I've also decided that I'm going to start accepting outside help in a limited capacity- since I seriously want to finish this, I'm going to focus my own efforts entirely on the programming aspect- which'll mean that I'll need some outside
help for other things.

I'll be editing this (and the top) post with additional information about helping out in the future. Take note that this isn't intended to be a next-gen game, so I don't need ultra-high end stuff here. (although it's appreciated, and can definately be used!)

Basic NDA/Disclaimer that must be agreed to if you want to help (a more detailed one will be available on request, after I've put it together...)

  • Recognize that this project is still intended to NOT be publicly released unless we receive explicit permission from Square-Enix themselves. I reserve the right to be in control of communications in this aspect- with feedback from other group members.
  • No outside advertising for this project that hasn't passed by the Nyxojaele filter. I still maintain this as my own personal project, so I don't want somebody else going on about it behind my back.
  • Works for this project shall be entirely original and created specifically for this project. You still retain your rights to the works, but are not permitted to use them for "other projects" (personal portfolios etc are fine). Additionally, full credit will be given for all works. Please note that it is not acceptable for ANY works to be downloaded from elsewhere- they must all be original works to which you hold the rights.
Positions where help is specifically desired right now:
  • Concept art- Skilled art that maintains the same "feel" as the original game held is desired. Taking influence from (although not duplicating) Amano-sama's art is perfectly fine. Attention to detail is a must.
  • Sound effects- High resolution recording of sound effects is desired- we can downsample later, but can never upsample for an increase in quality. Creativity is a must- how else can one create sound effects? Proficiency with an audio alteration program a plus.
  • 3D models- Skill in both high poly-count & low poly-count in-game models. Cinematic poly-count model skills a plus, but nowhere near necessary. Cinematics will only be added to the game if a sufficient skillset can be acquired for the team.
  • 3D levels- Architectural eye a must. Ability to create full 3d models of the original locations found in game- attention to detail a plus, but since this may be on PSP, we might have to budget our poly-counts.
  • Texture artist- Skill with high quality, low/medium resolution textures- we don't want to be using up boatloads of memory for just textures.
  • GUI artist- Good looking yet simple GUI element graphics are needed- probably on a "skin" basis. That is, there will be more than one GUI "skin" available for the player to select, as is Final Fantasy tradition.

These are just the currently desired positions for the project- if there's something else you think you can offer that will benefit FFVI3D, then please post here and let me know and I'll see if it's a viable option.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム