River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成19年12月11日火曜日

Back from Japan!

Yes, it has been a while since my last update/post to you guys. And I have to say, unfortunately, that there is nothing to report. As I last said, I headed out to Japan- and I was there for 2 months. Obviously, during that time, I didn't want to be working on any of my projects, so nothing happened during that time.

Upon arrival back in Canada-land, my workplace decided that since sometime late last year, I'd gone on a trip for the company, I was a prime candidate to make continued trips all over the place for various reasons vaguely along the same lines as the first trip held. That in mind, I've been travelling all over the place, and with all the stress entailed with that, I've not been up to the task of working on any of my huge projects during that time, not to mention that a good portion of my free time is eaten up with all the travelling, plus the fact that I work a minimum of 10hr days while I'm away from home. Stress++ ( -_-)zzzZZZZ

During this summer, I spent a grand total of almost 2 weeks at home. The trips-for-work thing should be calming down sometime this fall tho (I hope!), and I want to assure you all that the project is NOT dead, despite what many of you would say. I still have it, and I still want to work on it. Just my life is currently not allowing me to. In it's stead, I'm working on smaller projects that don't require such a huge portion of my life, until my life (mainly my work situation) straightens itself out enough that it'll allow me to get back onto the FFVI3DPSP project.

Yes, I'm aware that it sounds like I'm making excuses, and yes I'm aware that many people are interested in seeing progress with the project despite what my personal life might be like, so I must apologize to you all for that. All I can really offer to you in that light is the knowledge that the project will be continued as soon as circumstances allow.

On the bright side, some of these smaller projects I've been working on have given me new insight into many programming aspects that I can apply directly to FFVI3DPSP, so I'm really looking forward to [re]writing the appropriate portions of code and see how well it works!

To anybody interested in these small projects, the only one worth mentioning is called PACNyx. It's a utility for [eventually] creating mods for a game called Ragnarok Battle Offline (a doujin game based on Ragnarok Online). I'd provide a link, but I'm too lazy to check the forum rules about posting links to other forums, so if you want to read more about it, PM me.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム