River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成20年2月12日火曜日

Script Manager is live!

I've now got a working (albeit just barely) script manager implemented into FFVI3D. It's composed of a virtual machine that interprets opcodes that are all linked in sequence in a script object, for the most part. It also acts as (currently) a dumb interface to simply execute a script by name (as saved in the script file).

The scripts are saved in a pseudo-XML format, in that some script parameters are stored in XML, but the main part of the file, the script, is stored as plaintext inside an tag. The scripting language I've created for FFVI3D is currently pretty limited, as I still have yet to implement a lot of the major things in it. But the opcodes are there and accepted fully by the virtual machine, it's just that the parser doesn't yet convert script into opcodes for everything yet.

A simple exaple of a script that I have currently, which I was using for testing is this:



function test(string:text);
print:text;
print:"const text";
return:"arg";

entry;
test("var text");
print:"return text";
end;


So as you can see, it currently supports defining in-script functions, and some simple print-to-console commands. It also supports other commands such as one to show a gui layout by name, one to hide the current gui layout, etc.. but they aren't in that test script.

I'll be spending the next couple of days implementing the remainder of the major parser script-to-opcode conversions, and an automated means thru which an object in my code can contribute any number of it's own functions to the list of available functions, as well as automated means for the parser to know/use them.

With that outta the way, I'll be going back to my to-do list, knocking off the remainder of the small stuff that I had to touch up in my reworking of the code. This scripting thing was by far the largest thing on that list, so the rest of it should go pretty quickly.

On the horizon: I'm going to start seriously looking at managers required to start a battle game state. In the coming weeks/months, I think we can look forward to a battle state slowly starting to show it's ugly head in the works, which will be the first _REAL_ visual experience of FFVI3D- I'm all excited about that^^

ラベル: , , , , , , ,

1 件のコメント:

Anonymous 匿名 さんは書きました...

I really think that this is cool and I wish you best of luck, even if I don't have any talents that could help you.

平成20年2月26日 5:04  

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム