River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成20年1月8日火曜日

Re-arranging and getting caught up

So I've almost completed my reworking of the FFVI3D game engine up until the point I had it before I went on my break. I've just gotten to the point of working on the GUI, which means that almost ALL of the rest of the framework is already in place-- and then it's just a matter of trudging thru all the different GUI elements' code to make each one work.

I've been moving various functions around to their various PROPER places, to tidy up my existing classes, as well as to more accurately have each class doing what it's supposed to do. I used to have a series of classes I called "managers", but have come to the conclusion that they're actually more like 2 different series of classes- one of which is still the "managers", but the other is more like... "sub-managers" or some such. So I'm pulling out the whips and chains to put them down where they belong- back in the dark recesses where you won't see them, but rather their results.

I'm going to be completely reworking how the GUI layouts are stored in memory as well, to not only save memory, but also to allow (theoretically) for more layouts to be loaded at the same time. I had been thinking about doing this while I was coding it, but I just kept putting it off, and now is the perfect time to do so, since I'm reworking everything anyways.

Once I've caught up with reworking my code again, I'm going to make this a lot more serious and technical, as I discuss in more detail about what I'm doing, but in the meantime, it's just general updates on what's happening. Also at that point, I'll be using Labels for the posts to make it easier to find specific updates.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム