River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成20年3月19日水曜日

Time to get this battle started~

Okay, so I've now gone thru and finished off my script manager, and I've created a screen processor for handling full screen shaders, "filters" if you will. I can now stack filters to have multiple effects at the same time, applied to either the 3d Scene, or the whole screen including the GUI. I've written up a simple "mosaic" shader in HLSL and it now gets applied to the screen (with varying strength) when you try to select a disabled menu item, or back out of a menu you're not allowed to back out of.

I've also created an audio manager for handling of all music/sound effects in game. Currently all it does is act as a music play control, and a means thru which my classes can acquire 2d sounds, that is, sounds that don't represent anything in 3-Dimensional space, such as GUI sound effects, etc... Once I start having something in a format I want to represent it in, in 3D, I'll be throwing in the functions for 3d audio as well. And that, my friends, should be coming soon enough.

I've got back and streamlined a bunch of my initialization functions, making them faster, and more importantly, I've implemented a means for the game to compile my custom scripts into a format that it can load MUCH faster. I ran a test on my long test script, and when left to parse/load the raw script, it took 183 milliseconds to load, but after compiling it, just loading the compiled version took under 2 milliseconds! Yesyes, much better. *nodnod* FFVI3D can also load both compiled and non-compiled HLSL shaders now as well.

The commands available to the scripting language have been extended a touch to include option value acquisition as well. And also scripts can now be attached to interface layouts, to be executed when the layout is opened/closed/paused/resumed as well, which is quite useful for self-adjusting layouts, such as an options/config screen.

So now, I'm looking at what to do next, and I think it's finally time to start dipping my toes into the battle-state lake that I have been eyeing for quite some time now. Tonite I'm going to start work on some of the frameworks required by the battle-state so that I can start coming up with something real to show off sometime in the hopefully-not-quite-so-horribly-distant future^^

ラベル: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム