River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成20年12月13日土曜日

Quite the undertaking...

So the new File Manager I'm working on it taking quite the amount of time to properly implement, as it requires re-writing of EVERYTHING that loads from the HDD into the game- and it all has to be done in my special new format to allow easy saving to the HDD, as well as unloading of files, if it's supported by that particular filetype.


Everything is being done in a modular style, so next time I want to add a new type of resource for the game to use, I just have to create a new module to plug into my as-of-yet-unfinished File Manager.

Once I'm done with this (who knows?) I think I'll go back to working on that modular attack system I just barely started a month or 2 ago.  I think that's going to turn out well- and what's got me really excited about it is that it's going to be generic enough that I can use it on virtually any game I write from now on~  It'll support everything from "basic attacks" such as attacking and healing, up to "complex attacks" such as changing gravity, hurling objects via physics, setting game flags, or any other imaginable attack effect.

With the systems I'm creating now, I'm already thinking about my future projects, and trying to make things generic enough that they can (mostly) be used from project to project.  This'll save me boatloads of time on future projects, as well as allowing me to improve on my already tried-and-true systems that I have in place from my other games.

ラベル: , , , , , ,

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム