River Nyxx

A development blog for FFVI3D, the fan-made Final Fantasy VI remake in 3D.

平成20年10月17日金曜日

< /Summer >

Okay, so now with Summer out of the way, I'm starting to have more time to program again-- the summer festivities always tend to take away from that.  I still have to survive thru Halloween, as the costume/party preparations are still taking up a bunch of my time, but that's just like summer- it happens every year.


I worked my way thru a bunch of memory leaks (one of which had me pulling the entire engine apart to find it!) and other boring stuff that won't really interest anybody, but while doing so, I've had more time to reflect on the class structures I've got in the current iteration of the battle state.  I'd have to say that as things stand right now, I'm really not happy with how it all works together- it's just too messy, and horrible to read/maintain.

So I've decided I'm going to rewrite the classes for handling actions in battle, and am seriously considering rewriting large portions of my script class to add more versatility to it.  I've learned from reverse engineering another game in a side project of mine, of some other methods to load scripts into RAM that will provide easier access to various things such as variables, etc..

Battle actions will be rewritten in such a manner so as to be more generic, and modular.  This'll not only provide me with reusable code, but also an easier means thru which I can add more actions to any "battle" in whatever game it is that I'm programming.  This class is going to be quite powerful in that it can accept actions that do virtually anything in the game, but all thru a generic interface that makes the custom actions rather easy to write and plug-in, quite possibly by means of my script class as well, but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

All that said about the future, what have I actually done lately?  Sadly, not much- but I -have- already started taking steps towards the rewriting of the battle actions handler, in that I've written some base classes and gotten it basically "working", although not really tied into the engine properly yet.  That'll all come with time.

ラベル: , , , , , ,

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム